For over 30 years, Dr. Lewis has specialized in pediatric optometry, primary eye care, and contact lens management of all ages. She received her undergraduate degree from Birmingham-Southern College in 1982, her Doctorate of Optometry from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry in 1986, and she completed the University of Alabama School of Optometry’s first residency in Pediatric Optometry in 1987. She served as Assistant Professor Pediatric Optometry at University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry from 1992-1997 and has been in Private Practice since 1987.
We offer a wide selection of eyeglasses for girls and boys. Durability and value are a must for children’s glasses. All of our frames have a 1-year warranty against breakage.
Contact lenses are great for active children! We stress proper care and hygiene so that your child may successfully wear contacts into adulthood. Only you can determine if your child is responsible enough to have contacts.
Dr. Jill K Meyer
3429 Pelham Parkway
DID YOU KNOW?
- New research by the National Committee on Vision and Health revealed 25% of school-aged children suffer from vision problems that could have been addressed or eliminated if proper eye assessment had taken place when they started school.
- In 30% of children with vision problems, school screenings failed to find the conditions.
- Approximately 60% of children identified as problem learners actually suffer from undetected vision problems.
- The average child’s eyes receive three times the annual UV exposure of an adult. Children need UV protection.
- Contact lenses are an excellent option for children involved in athletic activities. Please contact us for more details. Sports goggles are also recommended for activities where regular frames and lenses can be dangerous.
Call Us Today At ♦ (205) 663-3937